We offer 20 PhD and 2 Postdoc positions
The positions are centred around creating, characterising, and modeling novel materials for a sustainable energy transformation. We aim to elucidate, fundamentally understand, and control the transport behaviour of ions, molecules, electrons, and heat in and between nanostructured functional materials across multiple time- and length-scales. This includes strategies to program materials to guide multiple transport species together, independently of each other or in spatially different directions. These signature properties of multiple transport are key to revolutionising components of system technologies, such as batteries, fuel cells, and solar cells. CRC 1585 brings together an interdisciplinary team of scientists rooted in physics, chemistry, and engineering to leverage synergies between synthesis, processing, characterisation, and theory.
In total, up to 20 fully funded PhD and 2 Postdoc positions with an initial run-time from 01.10.2023 until 30.06.2027 are available at the University of Bayreuth, the University of Augsburg, the Technical University of Darmstadt, and the University of Ulm.
- For specific requirements related to the individual job offers please see below
- Fluency in English, both in oral and written communication
- Dynamic and open-minded personality who enjoys conducting cutting-edge research in an interdisciplinary collaborative research centre
- Ability to work independently and organised
- Commitment, high flexibility, team spirit
- For specific offers related to the individual job vacancies please see below
- Excellent and engaging interdisciplinary research environment at a campus university
- Constructive working atmosphere in a friendly, open-minded, and international team
- Independent basic and application-oriented research
- Doctorate in our tailor-made graduation programme “TransMat” that promotes your scientific, personal, and educational excellence
- Networking with exciting national and international scientists and the opportunity to carry out research stays in international laboratories
- Flexible working hours
- Reconciling family and career
- Occupational health management
- Affordable housing and living in Bayreuth (North Bavaria, Germany)
The University of Bayreuth values the diversity of its employees and is explicitly committed to the goal of gender equality. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with children are very welcome. The University of Bayreuth is a member of the Best Practice Network “Familie in der Hochschule e.V.”, and has successfully participated in the HRK audit ”Internationalization of the University”. Persons with severe disabilities will be given preferential consideration if equally qualified.
Open PhD Positions
Open Postdoc Positions
|One Postdoc position (m/f/d) in project INF as IT coordinator for digital work environment|